Sunday, November 20, 2011

Delivering the Goods: Schlossgut Diel & the Nahe

It's raining today where I live. As I like to just sit and listen to the rain on days like this, I'll keep the text light on this posting. In short, this is a great wine from one of the best wineries on Earth.


The Nahe growing region of Germany. Is there anywhere better for Riesling? There may be regions that produce Rieslings as good, but you would be hard pressed to find anything better. Quick - memorize all these fantastic vineyards:


And with other world class wineries like Donnhoff, and Emrich-Schönleber also located in the Nahe, this tiny portion of the planet receives a disproportionate amount of my wine attention. I highly recommend a look. Here's a view down into the valley to get you started.


For my US readers, with Thanksgiving just around the corner, don't sleep on Riesling as a great Turkey Day wine. Riesling is so versatile, and with the varying degrees of sweetness to bone dry options available in German bottlings, you can find something to match up nicely with whatever you have on the menu.

Cheers!

~ vs

No comments:

Post a Comment